Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The trimming has begun...

I got up early this morning and started trimming. All the trimming is done and two of the poles have one coat. If I get enough of my other work done during the day today, I'll do the other two poles and the rolling tonight.

When I picked out this color I didn't want my mother to see. She nosed her way in anyhow and said, "Too dark." Not, "Oh, that's a nice color.", or "I like it, but it's a shade dark for my taste.". Simply and bluntly, "Too dark." I tried not to let it bother me as I know that is her way of communicating tactful opinion, but now I'm second guessing my choice.

Never fear though, I have already devised a plan to lighten it up if I still think it's too dark once it's all painted. I'm not giving away my secret though... you'll just have to wait and see!

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

you be true to yourself! If that color makes you happy, then the next time your mom tells you it's too dark, you simply tell her "it's a good thing YOU aren't going to be in here as much as I am, then!" :) I think it's going to be great!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>