Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Generosity

The only reason I am able to write this today is because of generosity.

I belong to a wonderful group of online people on Etsy. (you can find them by searching 'Second Chance' in the forum section of Etsy) I knew the moment I met them that they all had good hearts and were kind in soul. They took me in as if I was meant to be there. Chatting and promoting my etsy store throughout the day with them has become an important part of my day.

Over the past few weeks I've seen this group of people support each other through things as small as a cold or headache and as large as a cheating spouse or forclosure on a home. Every sale is cheered, every new product greeted with pleasure.

Yesterday I received a notice from my electric company that they would be turning off my power today. I posted my dilema in the Second Chance forum in hopes to get a few extra sales to help pay my bill. I wasn't looking for a pity party or a handout. I didn't ask for a miracle. I was just hoping for a few sales.

I was met with so many sales that it sent my head spinning! A list of 19 shops promoted my store throughout the thread and offered discounts if someone were to purchase from me first. I received sale after sale. People wanted to know how close they were to making it possible for me to keep my lights on. Even with only $18 to go and my pleads to 'stop buying, I'm sure I can find $18 somewhere' everyone kept promoting my shop and making purchases. They were determined to help a friend in need and stick with it to the end.

By the end of the night, I had reached my goal and had $1.62 extra. I payed my bill by phone and can assure you I will never forget the generosity of this group.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robynsart said...

It is indeed an amazing group... seeing what the group as a whole has moved towards brings tears to my eyes... I am honored to be among them.

8:56 AM  
Blogger designsbykari said...

Agreed, We are a pretty tight group. Together we can do anything!

Wonderful words.

10:21 AM  
Blogger KanYoFuse said...

Awesome blog post. I'm proud to be a part of our wonderful, wacky, loving, crazy fun, and most of all extremely talented group. Big hug to ya Charmed.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

So glad that you can write these words today Charmed! And it is indeed a wonderful feeling knowing that there's this group just waiting to help those we love :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Junction said...

We're just happy that you are able to be here today. It is the best online group of people anywhere and I too feel lucky to be a part of it!

12:47 PM  
Blogger baahar said...

lovely narrative :) i love this group as well

1:21 PM  
Blogger baahar said...

Oh, my name appears only as a B? It's me baahar :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>