Sunday, April 12, 2009

Contest Piece Has Been Completed!


Yeah! I finally finished the necklace I've been working on for the Fire Mountain Gems 2009 Beading Contest. I need to have the pictures to Fire Mountain Gems by the 15th, so I'll have to pay the extra money to express mail the package. I didn't have as much time to work on this piece as I would have liked to. I'm hoping to be a finalist in the contest as I was last year with my 'Flight of the Butterfly' bracelet. I haven't come up with a name for this piece yet... I'll have to do that before I mail the photos in the morning.




It took me several months to decide to submit this type of necklace in the contest. Then, weeks were spent pooring over my bead catalogs to find just the right components to complete my idea. Once the beads arrived, many, many hours were spent making, tearing out, and re-making each component and then connecting them all together. It was frustrating at times, but overall, I LOVE this kind of work. I wish this type of thing was something I could do more than just once a year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Toast Jewelry said...

Hi charmed, thanks for your comment! apparently flickr does work. this necklace is amazing!!
I like blog background btw!
Hayden

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>