Friday, November 06, 2009

The Classroom

I've been in this new store location for well over a year now and STILL don't have my classroom put together. It's really starting to disgust me. I have put this off so long the people don't even ask for classes anymore. Well, I've finally decided... This weekend is going to be the magical weekend. I am at least going to begin this project! This will be my last available opportunity before widow's weekend to make progress. Since I'm planning on having a free earring making workshop over widow's weekend, I'm thinking I should probably at least wash the walls and doors... yuck!

For those of you who don't know, my store is in an old meat locker plant. My classroom space is in the small cooler. It used to have a large wooden beam system for hanging meat. We took the beams down a couple months ago (when I bought the paint), but the metal poles are cemented into the floor. This will create an interesting challange for me... I don't have any plans as to what I will do with them yet, but I'm sure it will come to me. (feel free to make suggestions)

I have lots of fun ideas dancing around in my head to create an inspirational atmosphere. I don't expect to finish this weekend, but I am hoping for a fantabulous beginning!




1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

YAY! You go girl! Since both of those poles are against the wall, (almost anyway), you could string lines between them and then hang small bags on the lines to hold supplies. Just an idea. Hard to figure that one out since you're probably doing beading classes. Good luck, though!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>